Friday, April 25, 2014

Values

Suppose you could say I have simple, old-fashioned, Christian values for the most part.  Here's some of what I believe, live and hold to:

God is real and alive.  

There is only one True God and not everyone is talking about him when they talk about God. 

Marriage = One man + One Woman + God

Homosexuality is a sin, more matter how you slice it.  But so is lying, stealing, adultery, murder, etc. 

The husband should do whatever he can to support and care for his family.  And the wife should support him in that.

The wife should care for the home and children.  And the husband should support her in that.

We owe all who serve our country in the military our gratitude, respect and thanks.

You should do anything you can that is legal and not against God to support your family before asking for or accepting a handout from family or the government.

If you give you word on something, whether in business, to a child, or what, you should do everything you can to stick to that word.

You should pick up after yourself no matter where you are.

Children should never be first.  God should be first, then your spouse, then the children.

Sunday should be a day for God, rest and fellowship.

It's rude to be on a phone or a device in the presence of a real person unless absolutely necessary.

Cheating = Stealing

If you say it, mean it.  If not, keep your mouth shut.

I could go on and on and on. But I think you get the idea.

What are your values?






2 comments:

  1. I like this post... But I am having trouble with this lately:
    The husband should do whatever he can to support and care for his family. And the wife should support him in that.

    The wife should care for the home and children. And the husband should support her in that.

    With the economy lately I am very happy hubby has a job but it is only part time... so I've been disgruntled with him to do more...
    And if I have a full time manager job, when do I have time to care for the children and home, so hubby helps out...

    So even though we support each other, I need to pray more on how I'm disgruntled on the role reversals we have settled into over 20 years of marriage but not ones that I have totally accepted, even though I tell myself they are obviously ones that God wants us to have...

    And I always tell hubby that the children should come last but somehow it's all about them... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand Linda about roll reversals. We've gone through one with Pete's disability. Just because it was his roll to be the main support of our family, didn't stop things from changing. At least he is supporting you as you do more. And who knows, with all boys in the house, maybe God knows they need him around more.

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Come 'round any time. ~ Barbara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...