Saturday, March 31, 2012

I'm in for the April A-Z Challenge!

I've joined in the April A-Z Challenge (see link banner above) and I am so excited!  Each day in April, starting with the first but excluding all other Sundays, will be assigned a letter of the alphabet.  Participants have to make a post centered in some way around that letter.  For my posts I'll be selecting a person or place from my past for a three reasons.

  1. Writing seems to come the easiest to me when I write about people or things close to my heart or etched into my memory, so the challenge won't be a chore.
  2. Second, I'll be creating a mini-history for my friends and family.
  3. Writing about this type of subject matter ought to create entries that are more interesting for all my readers, as my best writing seems to come when I write about subjects I can hear, see, touch, feel, smell, etc.  Also, I have certainly known my share of characters in my day!
So, please, join me on this journey, whether it is simply reading along with my posts or if you want to jump in and participate. 

5 comments:

  1. It seems to me, the best blog posts, or should I rather,say, the ones I enjoy the most, are the ones people write about their lives and the people they know. Go for it, we'll be here to read all about it.
    Blessings from South Africa, Geoff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! Glad to hear you are taking the plunge to do the challenge! It will be interesting to read what we all write!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way for us to reconnect. I'm in too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds interesting, I'll be back.

    Horst Peters
    http://horst-peters.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Come 'round any time. ~ Barbara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...