Thursday, April 5, 2012

E is for Edna

Edna is my sister.  Actually my eldest sister.  My only surviving sister.  I don't know what it is like to grow up with a sibling.  Edna was 18 when I was born.  During my early growing up years my sisters were probably more like aunts to me.  Young, pretty aunts. 

Anyway, Edna is special.  Just because she is a special type person.  When I was a young woman, I'd shake my head and think Edna thought the world was like Walt Disney World.  But now I know that Edna knows as well as anyone how far from Walt Disney the world is.  But she tries to make it like that for everyone in her life.  And that makes her special and a treasure to everyone who knows her.

For me personally, not having mama, daddy or our other sister since I was in my early twenties, Edna has been aunt, older sister, surrogate mother and friend to me.  For my children growing up with only my stepfather on my side of the family for a grandparent, she has always been the aunt with the mostest.  The most time.  Remembering more occasions.  With more surprises.  More love, acceptance and support.  Attending more activities.  Going above and beyond to try to never let them feel the void on our side of the family.  I don't think they have.  Thanks to Edna, that's a void only she and I share.

Barbara

Please take my poll in the sidebar if you haven't yet!

3 comments:

  1. It is neat that you have Eden in your life; I'm sure she is equally glad that you and your family are in her life too; both wonderful gifts from God :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. How blessed you are to have Edna for a sister. I am so sorry that you lost your other family members so young. That is very sad.

    I live in the Texas Gulf Region about an hour from a town called Edna. :) I believe it is in Jackson County.

    Thank you so much for stopping by and commenting on my blog (P.S. Annie!). I hope that you have a great weekend and a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful to read your loving testimony about your sister and all she means to you! It makes me want to give my sister a call. She's an inspiration too.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Come 'round any time. ~ Barbara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...