Thursday, April 26, 2012

W is for Whoring Around

Or at least when I said tonight's entry had to be about a "w", that's what Pete suggested.  :P  He's always trying to be funny. 

Since I don't know much about the subject, and I was purposing to write about people and places from my past during this challenge, then I'll talk about my Uncle Wayne for a little.

As far as I know he was the only one of my uncles who did not serve in WWII.  Perhaps he was just too young to get sucked into the war as he married mama's youngest sister, Catherine.

Unfortunately he got a brain tumor and passed away while I was still fairly young and in school.  But I remember he was very tall.  Aunt Catherine came to the bottom of his shirt pocket.  He had dark, wavy hair.  A huge grin.  He was a gentle giant.  He was adopted.  No real idea who his birth family was.

Barbara In Caneyhead

3 comments:

  1. Did you tell Pete to watch his mouth? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes you thankful when you realize how blessed you are to be alive when over 250,000 people a day are dying.

    Also, where the heck is Caneyhead? I lived in Texas and it never ceases to amaze me how many new cities and/or towns I learn about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caneyhead is 10 miles North East of Silsbee, Tx. Or 30 miless North East of Beaumont, TX. It is not a town. Just a community.

      Delete

So glad you stopped by! Come 'round any time. ~ Barbara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...