Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Bedroom


Yes, I have definite views about bedrooms. Not to say I get my way about it. I believe that a bedroom shouldn't have a TV set in it. A radio or CD player might be okay for those special times, but I don't care for any music when it's time to go to sleep.

Bedrooms should be cool or on the cold side. Light should not actually shine into the bedroom, but you should have at least one view outside. Lamps are okay, but overhead lighting is a no-no, unless you are in there to clean. Candles are great when its time for quiet talks or a little sex.

To me a bedroom is a place to be quiet and still with your spouse. A place to let the day fall off and the two of you to reconnect. And when it's time to go nighty-nite, I want it dark with a fan running or a window unit humming to drown out outside interference.

I have found going to sleep on my stomach with my knees into the mattress does wonders to “quiet” my sometimes restless legs. I love a nice cool pillowcase under my face and will flip my pillow over for that cool side any time I wake up any at all.

I think I have to have a sheet over my body...no matter what. And I like some kind of blanket or quilt up to my buttocks at least. The weight makes me feel tucked in and secure.

While I adore a chance to cuddle and snuggle before slipping off to dream land, I find it almost impossible to go to sleep tangled up with someone else. I need my space, my spot.

Maybe you disagree with me. You may have other ideas or favorite habits, rituals, settings for your bedroom or bedtime. Please share them!  

10 comments:

  1. Actually, you are spot on for my sleep preferences except I am a side sleeper, lol. I think menopause has persuaded me to get away from the all tangled up stuff...hot flashes! Ugh! Oh, I figured out what the "A-Z" challenge is about but too late for me to join up this year, so I will just enjoy the reads from you that made the list! Keep posting! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always good to hear from you, Lynne! Yes, you must mark the A-Z on your calendar for next year. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like almost all of those same things, except the tangled up with someone part. I like this post. It helps to bring my attention to what it is I want in my bedroom and then make it happen. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you are doing everything right with not wanting a TV in the bedroom, etc. I know they say if someone is having trouble sleeping then they need to do basically what you suggested here. I like to have a sheet and a light cover on even during summer, winter I must have 4 or 5 blankets, LOL :)

    great B!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you about bedrooms almost completely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Paula! Glad you came by. Are you A-Zing this year?

      Delete
  6. I loved this post!! Made me laugh and all so true except I'm a side sleeper too... I notice you are replying to the comments... do I click that notify me button below to know that you responded or do I come back to check and I'm wondering how many others have replied to my comment and I never knew... I have clicked the notify me, so we shall see... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed my bedroom! I like to reply to comments. And, yes, if you click the notify me thingy, you should get an email telling you my reply. If you fail to click it (which I often forget when I am commenting) then the only way you'll ever know I replied would be to drop back by at a later date.

      Delete

So glad you stopped by! Come 'round any time. ~ Barbara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...