Saturday, June 20, 2015

Weekend Coffee Share



Come on in.  The coffee is good and fresh.  I only got up thirty minutes ago.  Didn't sleep in as I'd lain on one side all night and woke with it feeling all sore and achy. 

I had a lovely Sunday last weekend.  The girls came over after church, Candi & Baby Ruth.  Little mama had been running the roads so much finishing up school and other things I hadn't seen my Hazil Ruth in almost two weeks!  Did you know she graduated?  Candi, that is.  She's now a real licensed nail professional.  I'm proud of her.  Now she has something to fall back on.  She has something to generate income for her to go to college.  

I really enjoyed Sunday afternoon.  We watched a movie, spent some time in the pool, I cooked a good supper and I got to have lots of my grand baby smiles, hugs and kisses.

We had tropical storm Bill this week.  Wasn't much of an event for any of us personally.  No damage, no flooding. Even managed to miss most of the heavy rain on my commute.  Funny how it came to shore in South Texas, right under where Bubba is staying and working, but didn't even rain them out.  The upper high in West Texas, spun all the rain to the East.  Houston had it bad again.  And then a little further East of us had it bad again.   What about you, any fallout from Bill?

I don't mean to be rude, but I need to go get dressed pretty soon.  I'm taking Hannah to town so she can buy some things she's wanted and get her Daddy's Fathers' Day present.  And then I hope to get home and do a little house work.  I know, it's shocking.  What about you, are you ready for Father's Day?

Let's go get that last cup and you tell me about your week.

You can join Part Time Monster's #Weekend Coffee Share or read other other posts here.


24 comments:

  1. No fall our from Bill here. Just a few showers now and then. Have a nice week-end,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to catch up with you! Have a beautiful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning. I enjoyed a Father's Day week with my Dad in PA, as you know. Had an excellent time. My husband is at his aunt's place this weekend, so no celebration locally. It's all good. We had 2-1/2 inches from Bill in Bedford. More rain possible Sunday. Enjoy your family - sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few days in between to dry out some means a lot. We could have a few scattered showers all week long, but I don't think anyone is expecting any gully washers. Maybe Hubby's Aunt will spoil him a little.

      Delete
  4. Gave my dad his Father's Day gift yesterday. He's spending the day itself with my brother. And no, no rain thisaway. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some have too much, others can't get any. Glad everyone is passing Dad around.

      Delete
  5. Glad you got some time with your grand daughter, I know you enjoyed the time! Spending Father's Day weekend in Phoenix (111 degrees) but visiting friends and family :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just came in from the pool with Hazil Ruth. Pete and the kids and a nephew and his family are still in it. Good day for the most part.

      Delete
  6. Weather has turned hot and summery in my part of the world, a great feeling. Glad you escaped the storm fallout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing too bad here, but some folks not that far away weren't as lucky.

      Delete
  7. Glad you had a good week! Hope you have another good one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one has been great as well, except we lost Pete's little Lucy dog this morning.

      Delete
  8. I'm glad Bill didn't leave you with any damage! Whew!

    I hope your week is outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad it missed you this time. We have no fall out from Bill here in So. Cal. We just have no water and plenty of heat coming our way with fires. Its the norm but getting worse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shame the rain from Bill didn't spin off to the West!

      Delete
  10. Sounds like you had a nice weekend. I saw my dad last Thursday, but live across the country from him, so we did Father's day wishes over the phone.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad the tropical storm was no big deal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not for us, thankfully. But for some not far away it was very different.

      Delete
  12. Can't wait for storms out west but glad for a dip in temperatures which has nearly the same effect as a fever subsiding -ha! Had been looking forward to a quiet weekend of research, writing and visiting blogs but there was no internet early Saturday morning, shortly followed by no cable and no phone. Isn't bundling wonderful? We barely get cell service and have to drive a ways to get reception to call the cable/phone/internet company (grr...) But by late Sunday things were nearly normal and today is a new and fabulous day! Hope it's terrific for you as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God bless you, Diedre! It can be so very frustrating to not be connected when you want to be.

      Delete

So glad you stopped by! Come 'round any time. ~ Barbara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...