1. When people state something and then follow it with, "You know?" or "Don't you think so?", etc. This perturbs me because it puts me on the spot if I don't agree exactly with what they just said. I hate to have to say, "No, I don't." for that seems rude. But on the other hand, I don't want them thinking I share their view. Please just make a statement and let me comment on it as I see fit.
2. People who look down on others due to social standing, financial standing, education, dialect, etc. None of these things are a measure of character or of intellect. They are merely a reflection of circumstance and opportunity.
3. When folks belly ache about government or elected officials, etc. and yet they didn't even bother to vote. I'm sorry, but if you didn't vote, your forfeited your right to complain.
4. When people use swear and cuss words as part of every day conversation. Yes, I lose my cool and utter things I shouldn't when upset or outraged, but I don't subject the world to a constant stream of gutter talk. Gutter talk brings those who speak it and those they force it upon down to the gutter.
5. Stupid or distracted drivers. That includes the women putting on mascara while going down the freeway. That includes the people trying to dial or text flying down the road. That includes the drivers that weave in and out of lanes at a high rate of speed just to gain a few yards of asphalt. And that includes the 80% of vehicles I see following too closely to the person in front of them! If you can't count "one thousand and one, one thousand and two" from the time their rear bumper passes a landmark till the time your front bumper passes a landmark, you are TOO CLOSE! That includes the folks who swerve way over to the left to make a right hand turn, when an 18-wheeler could of made it without doing so!
6. "Good Christian" people who do anything to make someone feel unwelcome or unloved in a church. But for the grace of God, go YOU!
7. When people make promises to children and then don't keep them. If you promise, especially a child, you do it. If you have any doubt, don't say anything until you are sure!
8. When someone says one more thing to me after I have walked out of a room, and I have to walk back to know what they said. Or someone who wants to talk to me while they are walking around, instead of stopping long enough to finish what they are saying. Wears my legs out and drives me crazy!
9. When someone in my home gets, eats or uses the last of something and doesn't tell me.
10. When someone passes something off to me half done or in terrible shape and leaves it up to me to deal with, sort out, clean up. Doesn't matter if it is an account at work full of errors and missing information or a filthy caked on mess of a dish or pan I didn't cook in at home.
1. Time alone in the pool at night under the stars. This is ultimate "me" time. Time to reflect, relax and pray.
2. Any small, thoughtful, unexpected surprise is a big day brightener.
3. Hugs, kisses, laughter, smiles from the people I love and care about.
4. Iced mocha coffee. Whether I make me one at home or buy it somewhere, it's a treat I enjoy very much.
5. A rainy day when I don't have to go anywhere. Time to curl up on the couch with a good book, or watch a great old movie. Bake cookies. Or play board games.
6. To play a good game of forty-two dominoes. Don't get to do that much any more. So many younger folks don't know how to. Most of the older folks we are around are into eighty-four now instead. Just not the same.
7. Time by a good fire outside. Relaxing, talking, listening to good old music. Playing washers or dancing. Doesn't matter the temperature, though 40-60 degrees is best. A handful of people or a crowd of twenty.
8. That marvelous, awe inspiring feeling when I realize I was used of God in someone's life. It humbles the pride at the same time that the spirit soars!
9. A good group gathered for a deep Bible study, complete with historical references, cultural insights into the life and times of the people and setting of the scripture reference.
10. To rest my head upon Pete's chest, with his arms wrapped around me. The weight of the world melts off me and nothing and no one can touch me. It's my ultimate safe place.
So, do you share any of my adores or yucks!? I admit, I am quite curious to know. Did any of mine surprise you? Would you like to get in on the fun? I have to admit, it was cathartic and refreshing to do it.