Tuesday, June 7, 2005

Hope This Entry Makes Sense

Just a few random thoughts and tidbits. Pete goes for his stress test today and to have circulation checked in his legs. I'll be going along, mainly as his secretarty to fill out paperwork. Bubba will stay with Bug. One of the many benefits of a much older child! I got in Bugs little wading pool with her the other day to cool off and 'cause she wanted me to. That's one of the benefits of living back in the woods! Bubba and I went to pick peas at my step-father's yesterday. Thankfully it was overcast and cloudy, so I did not have a heat stroke. We picked 7 bushels of peas in 5 hours. By the last row I could hardly raise up straight. But I feel surprisingly well this morning. It was nice just me and him out there, pickin' and talkin'. He had the truck beside the peapatch and we listed to country classics while we picked. Bug's favorite kitten was attacked by her puppy a few days back. We tried to nurse it back to health, but the little thing died. She and I took it out into the woods and buried it beneath a wild holly tree. All in all, things have been rather uneventful around here. I need to get ready to go to the cardiologists soon, so I'll just proceed on for now. Here is an amazing little story about faith in God from God's Work Ministry E-mail.

FAITH CAN MOVE MOUNTAINS

A small congregation in the foothills of the Great Smokies built a new sanctuary on a piece of land willed to them by a church member. Ten days before the new church was to open, the local building inspector informed the pastor that the parking lot was inadequate for the size of the building. Until the church doubled the size of the parking lot, they would not be able to use the new sanctuary. Unfortunately, the church with its undersized lot had used every inch of their land except for the mountain against which it had been built. In order to build more parking spaces, they would have to move the mountain out of the back yard. Undaunted, the pastor announced the next Sunday morning that he would meet that evening with all members who had "mountain moving faith." They would hold a prayer session asking God to remove the mountain from the back yard and to somehow provide enough money to have it paved and painted before the scheduled opening dedication service the following week. At the appointed time, 24 of the congregation's 300 members assembled for prayer. They prayed for nearly three hours. At ten o'clock the pastor said the final "Amen". "We'll open next Sunday as scheduled," he assured everyone. "God has never let us down before, and I believe He will be faithful this time too." The next morning as he was working in his study there came a loud knock at his door. When he called "come in", a rough looking construction foreman appeared, removing his hard hat as he entered. "Excuse me, Reverend. I'm from Acme Construction Company over in the next county. We're building a huge shopping mall. We need some fill dirt. Would you be willing to sell us a chunk of that mountain behind the church? We'll pay you for the dirt we remove and pave all the exposed area free of charge if we can have it right away. We can't do anything else until we get the dirt in and allow it to settle properly." The little church was dedicated the next Sunday as originally planned and there were far more members with "mountain moving faith" on opening Sunday than there had been the previous week!

Author Unknown

Would you have shown up for that prayer meeting? Some people say faith comes from miracles. But others know: MIRACLES COME FROM FAITH! When Jesus cursed the fig tree in Mark 11:14, He said it and moved on to Jerusalem where He overthrew the moneychangers for doing business in the temple. When they walked back that way the following day and His disciples saw that the fig tree was dried up from the root and asked Jesus how He did it; Jesus did not give them some sermon or lecture about how He did it. He simply said "Have Faith in God" (Mark 11:22). Whatever situation you are facing in your life and you are not able to resolve it. Give it to God and have Faith that He will solve the problem. We sometimes take for granted the power that we have when we pray. This is the communication line between us and God Almighty. Jesus never said "if you pray", but five times He said "When you pray" (Matthew 6:5-7). If you need an answer to a problem or have a mountain that needs to be removed, you need to get on your knees or go into your prayer closet and pray and seek the Lord. God is looking for your Faith, and when He sees that you are not trusting in yourself, but in Him, then that's when God is pleased and will resolve whatever problem you bring before Him. God is faithful to answer, when we are faithful to trust in Him to do it.

Read and meditate on these scriptures:

Mark 11:23-24 Jesus declares "For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them."

1 Corinthians 2:9 "But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him."

Psalm 118:5-9 "I called upon the LORD in distress: the LORD answered me, and set me in a large place. The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me? The LORD taketh my part with them that help me: therefore shall I see my desire upon them that hate me. It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man. It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in princes."

All scriptures can be found in the King James Version.

In Christ’s Service, Dwayne Savaya, Gods Work Ministry

Visit the website to read more encouraging and inspirational stories, poems and testimonies. You are also welcome to post your prayer requests in our Prayer Forum.http://www.Godswork.org

I am sure many of you know today's Journal recommendation. Linda lives in California, with her hubby and three sons. Her life sometimes seems insanely hectic to me, and they sure watch a lot of TV. But she is friendly and warm and you'll enjoy the antics she often reports. She's one more lady out there trying to live it for the Lord. Go visit her at Footprints in the Sand. (To anyone who is thinking, "Hey what about my journal?"......remember I'm mentioning them in the order I found them!)

A word on the Word and the words we use: So you are just so angry at someone. They have mistreated you, used you, wronged you.....violated God's law. "Pour out your fury upon them; consume them in the fierceness of your anger." Psalms 69:24 TLB God's wrath is as frightening as His mercy is marvelous. His wrath is a consuming fire and no one or nothing can stand under it. Be careful, oh so very careful of invoking His wrath upon anyone. Often when we set out to "set things straight" ourselves we end up bringing His wrath upon ourselves. Jesus called us to forgiveness. Leave the wrath to Jehovah.

All who seek God shall live in joy! May you all be blessed with Joy today. - Barbara

6 comments:

  1. The pea picking sounds good. I have got country music booking out right now. What a sad thing about the poor little kitten. I hate anything happening to animals.  Hope your appointment goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will love to eat some of the results of all that pea picking. LOL
    Great entry today. God does move mountains through prayer and faith.
    Hope Pete's test turn out to be ok. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to spend the day. I doubt I could pick many peas, though, not with my back the way it is. Still, it sounds so good. Love this entry as always. Your journal is one of the best. Bless you. Barb- http://journals.aol.com/HEYLETSTALK

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for a wonderful story on faith.  I also loved  the scripture I will pray for your husbands tests to go smoothly have a good day God bless kelley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well that sounds like alot of little things going on... And I am so sorry about the poor little kittie.
    Thank you for the nice highlight of my journal and yes we do tend to live in the land of TV here. Lol...
    Have a great week!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. First... I pray that the results are good from the test. Second... What kind of peas? Third... Yes this entry made sense.

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Come 'round any time. ~ Barbara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...