Many moons ago, two people tagged me to list six things about me that you don't know. They were Kathy and Jill.
I'm finally getting my Around-To-It. So without further ado, I offer you six things you don't know, but you will when you finish reading.
1. Certifications - I hold several certifications from the American Red Cross. Advanced Swimming, Intermediate Water Rescue, Basic Canoeing and CPR. There's a couple of stories buried in this that I will be posting in the near future.
2. Anger and Fits - As a teenager, I'd get radically angry when I saw someone taking advantage of the underdog. As I got older I began to demonstrate my anger more often over much less lofty circumstances. Before I turned back to Christ I was at the point of taking someone's head off for any and every thing. Screaming, cursing, slamming things, stomping. Pete used to threaten to "sic Barbara on them." The change between then and now is extraordinary! But that doesn't mean that it's not still sometimes a struggle. To holler or use curse words when I'm really angry is still the weakest point in my Christian walk. And unfortunately, my home is the place it is most likely to happen.
3. Car Crazy Cutie - The Beach Boys had a song about a car crazy cutie. That fit me in my younger years. I changed my own oil and spark plugs. Had a subscription to Hot Rod magazine. More about this in an upcoming entry.
4. Breast Fed Both Children - With Bubba, well, he was what they call a sleepy nurser. I was a first time mom. It was a battle! With Hannah Bug everything went smooth as silk. Put it all together and I have much experience. So if anyone out there is trying it and needs some advice, I'm here for you.
5. I Shoot to Kill - Sounds tougher than it is. Actually the only three living things I ever shot at I killed in one shot. They were in this order, a doe one deer season, an armadillo that was digging up our yard, and a water moccasin Bubba saw in the shed by the horse stall.
6. I Never Liked Kids - I was born when both my sisters were about out of school. I grew up in many ways as an only child. So I just couldn't get what everyone goo' d and gaa' d over. Then at 29 I had Bubba. I remember in the hospital thinking he was beautiful and that this precious child needed a mother, not me! LOL Then when he was three, I was cornered to help in VBS by my best friend and prayer partner. I found God calling me to help in Children's Church. I worked in CC for over ten years. I loved it! Always treated my kids as midget adults. But they seemed to respond to that. I still get hugs from ex students every where I go. And I find myself gooing and gaaing over the new little ones that I see coming along. The things God can do in us, and through us!
7. Rum and Capt. Jack - Oh, this is seven. Call it a bonus! lol A part of me would love to be on an island somewhere with Captain Jack and a case of rum. Call it my inner wild child.
That's it. I hope there was something that surprised everyone. It's been so long since this meme started, I haven't a clue who to tag...so if you want to and haven't, consider this your invitation to play along.
Barbara, what's for supper? Pork loin, seasoned up fine, cooked in the rotisserie until it's golden on the outside. Baked potato with all the fixins, garden salad chopped real fine and a nice warm roll to round it out.