Tuesday, October 17, 2006

To the Pumpkin Patch

   

A woman was asked by a coworker, "What is it like to be a Christian?"

The coworker replied, "It is like being a pumpkin.  God picks you from the patch, brings you in, and washes all the dirt off of you.  Then He cuts off the top and scoops out all the yucky stuff.

He removes the seeds of doubt, hate, and greed.  Then He carves you a new smiling face and puts His light inside of you to shine for all the world to see."

Funny and fun with a lot of Truth packed into it!

Word on the Word:  From Job 1:21 & Job 2: 10, TLB  "'I came naked from my mother's womb,' he said, 'and I shall have nothing when I die.  The Lord gave me everything I had, and they were his to take away.  Blessed be the name of the Lord.' ... But he replied, 'You talk like some heathen woman.  What?  Shall we receive only pleasant things from the hand of God and never anything unpleasant?' So in all this Job said nothing wrong."

Accept that this is not a perfect world.  It is a fallen world.  Even if you live blamelessly, you will still encounter pain, hardship, loss, etc. even if as the fallout of another's sin.  God does not guarantee no tears here.  No sickness or illness here.  No injustice here.  No war here.  No famine here.  What He does promise is a two-fold reward for trusting Him in all things:  we will not be alone, He will be with us & we will dwell with Him eventually in Heaven were none of these things exist. 

Sometimes we spend too much time pondering "Why me?"  when we should suppose, "Why not me?"  But I am good, and kind and loving.  I stand for God.  Did that spare Jesus?  So, then why should it spare us.

Be sure that no matter what appearances may be, no one gets through this life without experiencing pain, disappointment, hardship, loneliness.  Talk to an old saint.  Someone you know has lived long for the Lord.  See them weak and feeble, perhaps even poor.  Ask them how life has been.  Most will reply their life has been blessed!  This is one time it really isn't what you have, it's Who you know.  

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful entry Barbara!!!

    Terra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Barbara
    hugs sweetie! very inspirational! The pumpkin thing...ahhh! only..why can't he take all of the goop out in childhood? Why do we have to continue to wade through our "bad choices"?
    love,natalie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great word!  Thank you Barbara for posting these thoughts.  I wish I was blameless, even though I know life would still have trials.  One thing that I remember every now and then too, is that if God didn't care- if I was lost and not in the Spirit- bad things probably wouldn't touch me as much- not because God allows bad things, but situations through which He can disipline!  did I say that right?!?  Have a Blessed week!  Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this one too! (smiles) great thoughts to ponder on!

    Shermeen xx
    http://journals.aol.co.uk/shermeen0621/PublicThoughts/

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Come 'round any time. ~ Barbara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...