Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Looks Like We Are Moving On

  I chose this graphic because there has been an explosion in my email, folks frantic, sad, angry, etc. over AOL's decision to do away with hosting journals.  I understand where you are all coming from.  It's been great here.  We've been blessed.  But I want to encourage you all to reflect on the fact that all too often we neglect or ignore new opportunities and directions because we are comfy where we are.  Often God will move us out of our comfort zone so that we can experience new blessings or that He may lead us on to new ministries.  The old word for alive is quick.  To be quick actually means to be able to change.  When we loose the ability to change, a part of us dies.  I pray comfort, peace and God's direction to you all at this time.

To answer many of the questions I am getting:

1.  Will I still have the group Sisters in Christ?  Yes.  It is in no way dependent upon AOL Journals.

2.  Will I move Life & Faith in Caneyhead?  Yes, I plan to migrate it over according to the instructions AOL is providing through Magic Smoke.  (See link at the top of the page.)

3.  I don't want to loose contact, can we stay in touch?  Yes!  I will be at the same email address:  bhbner2him@aol.com.  I am on Myspace, Facebook and use Plaxo.  (Tip:  You can find me on Myspace and Facebook by my screen name:  bhbner2him.)  Also, I plan to bookmark new journal addresses and join any groups or lists of migrated J-landers that is available.

Chin up, friends.  We'll migrate and explore new territories together. 

Barbara

United States

 

San Francisco, California

 

1,688 miles from Caneyhead,

                           SALUTE!!!!!!!!!!!

20 comments:

  1. www.garnett109.blogspot.com
    is where i am

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi hon. I definately want to continue reading you and vice versa! I'd love to have your myspace page, if you'll email me privately. My new blog address is:

    http://my3gifts.blogspot.com

    God Bless
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gee Barb...just like Christopher Columbus....sailing off into the sunset....looking for the "new world"?????  I can handle anything AOL throws my way....somehow LOLOLOL!!!!  God Bless...hugs....Ora

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to hear that you'll be setting up at Blogger too.  Come on by as soon as you're ready.
    Lori
    http://lori-dustypages.blogspot.com/
    http://journals.aol.com/helmswondermom/dustypages/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbara, I'm on Facebook too.  Traci Rowe DeSheles
    my new blogspot is http://emmaandbella.blogspot.com
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here is my new url Barbara, Hope to see you there. Helen
    http://madcobug-myeverydaylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wondeful entry, i hope to continue reading your entries at the blospot place.  

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am looking forward to the new blog spot.....
    Wonderful entry....
    Have a blessed weekend!
    Linda :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG!!!!  I am JUST hearing about this.. awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!

    I am NOT happy at all  but I guess it's  a good thing I have for a year been using MySpace's blogging as a mirror site.. I wont loose EVERYthing I guess.  Maybe this is God's way.. taking away my time and disire for the last few months to blog.. so it wouldn't hurt so bad when this comes up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Barbara, make sure I get a link to your new journal when you get one over on blogspot okay? Hugs, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi,

    Well the count down has begun. I wanted to make sure all the journals I have as my favorites gets my new url. My journal here was called "LadyMagnolia's Daily Blog."

    My NEW on is called Dear Diary it's me~Donna
    http://deardiaryitsmedonna.blogspot.com/
    E-Mail: LadyMagnolia1963@aol.com
    HUGS~Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Barb,
    I don't know if I've given you my link or not.  I'm at Blogspot and confused...lol.  Anyway, when you open up a new home just e-mail me at cacklinrosie101@aol.com.  HUGS  Chris
    http://cabscreationschatter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds good to me!~

    Blessings!~

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Barbara
    hugs!
    nice entry! thanks!
    please email me: your new blog address plus any of these you might know or find out later:
    Marti, Guido, Sugar, Bits of me, shauneenie, samsays, bear , gaboatman, smurfette
    love,natalie

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow...you have a beautiful blog...makes mine so dull looking...but maybe given a bit more time I can make it better...I am just happy I got over here LOL...hugs and God Bless...Ora

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad you got here safely.
    Jenny <><

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Barbara, look like your migration went extremely well. Your blog looks great! Welcome... HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  18. hey you are here! so glad to know that! XO

    ReplyDelete
  19. I so welcome the notices for prayer...
    I sometimes feel this is a justifiable reason for being on the computer.

    Blessings,

    Lori (from Alberta)

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Come 'round any time. ~ Barbara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...