Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Monday Morning Question

                              

 

I couldn't resist jumping in on this one.  Krissy asks:

Where did you first find out about AOL blogs/journals, and what made you want to start one?

Truth be told, I must of discovered AOL Journals very near the beginning of thier existance.  We were newly online for the first time.  I followed a link from the welcome page.  I set up a journal under the screen name I had then.  Not sure how it all worked.  Uncertain of what I was doing.  But I wanted to connect with other Christian women.  The statement at the top of the journal read:  "A place to share our thoughts, feelings, experiences, testimonies, trails, etc."  Only made two entries.  Never got a comment.  This was Nov. 2004. 

The only journal I found at the time, read and commented in was Jackie's Deployment Diary.   The journals were formatted very different then.  Then we encountered a trojan that was impersonating AOL.   We were very new to the internet and very green.  Too scared to do otherwise, we canceled our AOL service and went with another company for awhile until we could get our PC cleaned up. 

We lost our original screen names.  I could never update that journal again or delete it.  So, in about 6 months when we came back to AOL I started this journal under my new screen name. 

I still had a desire to connect with other Christian women, but had a broader goal to also reach out to those who were not Christian and to share more of my rural lifestyle with others.  The title of my journal sums it all up perfectly. 

Thanks for asking Krissy!

 

 

 

 

 

 

11 comments:

  1. I started a pain journal and only a few people read it ,then I got depressed writting in it and learned from other people and changed it to be sort of funny or what ever was my rant of the day, the laughter got me thru some days and it seemed to help others also.
    The journal gets me thru some really bad days when i cant sleep from pain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool question.  I started mine with the intent of it just being for me.  I had no idea that the whole blog world existed.  Silly me!
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting entry.  I was in the journals before you were!  Gee that was a long time ago.  I need to do a blog entry on my blogaversery!  So I am so glad you came back to AOL, and so glad you stayed, because you have helped so many people here!

    Krissy :)
    http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

    ReplyDelete
  4. see, that's how I got into journaling through a link on the main screen, I thought that is how I did it but I wasn't 100% sure; I'm glad you mentioned it so it confirms my thoughts, LOL

    so glad you were persistent in journaling!!! I remember it took awhile to get my first comment and then I was absolutely amazed when I started checking out other journals; literally thousands upon thousands upon thousands!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been here since Oct. 2003. I remember my first blog friend. She was country too but left AOL because her husband wanted her to. Glad I met you here. Paula

    ReplyDelete
  6. I started mine when I was fed up, drunk , lonely and cross with the world! lol. Love Pam xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I started mine when my 20th grandchild was born.  After reading so many others, I wanted to join in the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. BARBARA,   I AM SURE THAT YOUR CHRISTIAN OUTREACH IS HELPING PEOPLE TO KNOW JESUS.
       EVEN WHEN WE DO NOT OBEY, JESUS IS WITH US 24/7/365 AND EVERY FOUR YEARS 366.
      I AM HAPPY THAT JESUS IS WITH ME THIS 88th YEAR.         sam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just wanted to stop by and let you know I took the time.  I haven't been doing my journal for the past few months.  Been so busy with Emily and work and church and stuff.  I will make an entry soon.  I love you.

    ging

    ReplyDelete
  10. great journal     i started  mine  to let off steam..  its still boiling  lol   take care  mort

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had a feeling it was something along those lines lol happy to hear you stayed with it.  I found out from a "Sassy" girlfriend, and started writing because, well, I think I knew I'd like it because basically, I'm a ham.  xoxo CATHY

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Come 'round any time. ~ Barbara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...