Those who venture into Caneyhead regularly know about the Feedstore. Had to run up there yesterday evening, like so many days, to get a few things. Saw dear Bro. Ard in the parking lot as I was about to leave. He was on his way to the deer lease. But he had a word of testimony for me. A true bonified miracle! Seems preacher C.W. has already been doing some hunting. He saw three deer walk out into the clearing near his stand. He picked out one, took aim, and fired. Then he proceeded to get down to go and see what exactly he had. Imagine his surprise and his resounding praise to God Almighty when he saw laying there, not one, but TWO DEER!! Both killed by the same shot! So, apparently there's no need for our little church to wonder or worry....we definitely have a pastor anointed of God!!
Now, while I'm feeling all cocky and full of fire, I'll share with you an email my niece Paige sent over from Conroe. It's a good one.
RULES OF TEXAS
2. Let's get this straight; it's called a "gravel road." I drive a
pickup truck because I want to. No matter how slow you drive, you're
going to get dust on your Lexus. Drive it or get out of the way.
3. They are cattle & oil wells. That's what they smell like to you.
They smell like money to us. Get over it. Don't like it? I-20 and
4. So you have a $60,000 car. We're impressed. We have $250,000
cotton strippers that are driven only 3 weeks a year.
5. So every person in every pickup waves. It's called being friendly.
Try to understand the concept.
6. If that cell phone rings while a bunch of doves are coming in, we
WILL shoot it out of your hand. You better hope you don't have it up
to your ear at the time.
7. Yeah, we eat catfish & crawfish. You really want sushi & caviar?
It's available at the corner bait shop.
8. The "Opener" refers to the first day of deer season. It's a
religious holiday held the closest Saturday to the first of November.
9. We open doors for women. That is applied to all women, regardless
10. No, there's no "vegetarian special" on the menu. Order steak. Or
you can order the Chef's Salad and pick off the 2 pounds of ham &
11. When we fill out a table, there are three main dishes: meats,
vegetables, and breads. We use three spices: salt, pepper, and Picante
Sauce!! Oh, yeah....We don't care what you folks in Cincinnati call
that stuff you eat...IT AIN' T REAL CHILI!! Chili was born and bred in
San Antonio ....and real chili never met a bean!
12. You bring "coke" into my house, it better be brown, wet, and
served over ice. You bring "Mary Jane" into my house, she better be
cute, know how to shoot, drive a truck, and have long hair.
13. College and High School Football is as important here as the
Lakers and the Knicks, and a dang site more fun to watch.
14. Yeah, we have golf courses. But don't hit the water hazards
-- it spooks the fish.
15. Colleges? Try Texas Tech, Texas A&M or University of Texas . They
come outta there with an education plus a love for God and country,
and they still wave at passing pickups when they come for the
16. We have more folks in the Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines,
than any other state, so "Don't Mess with Texas ," If you do, you will
get whupped by the best.
17. Always remember what our great governor Sam Houston once
said: "Texas can make it without the United States, but the