Saturday, September 3, 2005

Details of your Wedding Day

Okay, I just had to take the plunge on Jouranl Jar Question #86.  So, here's the story:                

                                           

It was March 12th.  I was 23 and he was 21.  I went to work in my off-white dressy dress.  Pete went shopping at Beall's for a new outfit.  Changed at his brother Tommy's house and picked me up at work right before lunch.  I had asked my boss for half a day off for personal reasons.  We drove over to the County seat to the courthouse.  We bought our marriage liscence.  Not waiting period then.....HIV wasn't full blown yet.  Then we went upstairs and down the hall to Justice of the Peace's office.   But they were closed for lunch so we went to a local hamburger joint in town and had a bite ourselves. 

Then back to the JP's office.  His name was Pete McKinney and my Pete had worked for him off and on.  We exchanged vows right there in his office.  I was so nervous I could hardly get my words out.  I had no ring for Pete.  He slipped Mom's ring on my hand.  (I had already lost Mom and Dad by this point......didn't think I could enjoy a traditional wedding without them there.) 

From Kountze we went to Tommy' house and his wife, Julie ran out and got a cheap bottle of champaign to toast us with......took pictures of us.....Pete holding me in his arms.  I phoned my sister from there to tell her what I'd done.  She was very happy for me.....and I think relieved she didn't have to plan a wedding!  lol  

When we left there we went and got a loan at a bank!  lol  Talk about startingout in debt!  But we needed to pay my stepfather for improvements he had made on the house we were going to make our home.

Then we took off up the road to visit Pete's older cousins who he had been living with and tell them the news.  Had to twist his arm to get him home with me!  lol  Unusual, probably......and neither of us asked the other to marry them, so I'm still not quite sure how it all came about!?!

 

9 comments:

  1. How romantic... It's the simple ones that last forever.
    Linda :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh such a sweet story thank you for sharing have a good weekend God bless kelley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute way you and pete got married. Thanks for sharing with us. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an interesting story.   The fact that you got married with your circumstance being what they were.   I like reading a real life story.   You married the right person.   My best wishes to you for this Labor Day.   mark

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your story about your wedding with us. I have never been one to favor a big fancy wedding. I like the part about having a hamberger before the wedding. I would have probably ordered onions on it. lol Paula

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a neat story!  Eloping was the best thing I did too the 2nd time around.  Sounds like a lively day!  God bless!!  ~Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is one heck of a wedding.  I had Elvis in the background, lol.

    Terra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very sweet.

    Gabreael

    http://journals.aol.com/gabreaelinfo/GabreaelsBodyMindSpiritJournal/

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Come 'round any time. ~ Barbara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...