Thursday, August 25, 2005

News! News!

                                                  

No, not news on the job front......just news about Bug and Bubba and from around J-land.

Bug came home all excited Tuesday.  She had gotten to make the walk down the hall to the nurses office to get her 1st lose tooth pulled!  She has seen so many kids take that walk and wanted so desperately to do it herself.  It's like a right of passage or status symbol among her peers.  The nurse puts on a latex glove, gently pulls the tooth and places it in a small plastic treasure chest that the kids can take home with them.

Bubba stayed after school yesterday for a club meeting.  Don't know the name of it, but they do stuff like paint the mascot, a Bengal Tiger on the field, etc.  After the meeting they had an ice cream social.  Good idea on a hot afternoon!

Got some tid-bits from around J-land I want to pass on.  You can find links to the journals I mention in the sidebar.   

First I want to encourage everyone to Praise the Lord and go by and extend a hand of Christian fellowship and encouragement to Racheal at What Can You Do?  She was recently saved!!  I am so happy for her! 

Then be sure to send congradulations to Jeannette on her new grandson!  You can see pictures at her journal:  Jeannette's Jottings.  He really is a doll!

Oh the thoughts I'd be thinking, I could be another Lincoln....if I only had a brain!  Donna has a neat little link to find if you think more male or more female, at Sweeping the Cobwebs of my mind.  Or if you prefer, go to Sorting the Pieces and Cynthia has a link to see if you are more right brained or left brained.  I did them both!  Seems I am 60% male, 40% female, and go the the left with 65% of my brain and 35% right.  Reckon that explains why I don't do a lot of girly things, and why I am as comfortable or more so working around and with men as women.

Oh!  Hunybea's Open Journal is Two years old!  Gee, she's been around!  So, be sure to pat Mary on the back and wish her a happy journal bithday when you see her.

I know you may not believe me, but this is NOT laziness!  I am not posting a word today because there is a word I hope you'll read over at Friends in HIM.  A very timely message that goes to the heart.

So I will leave you with a laugh I stole from ArcaMax.  It's a joke about a little girl and her Goldfish.......could be Bug!

Little Nancy was in the garden filling in a hole when her neighbor peered over the fence. Interested in what the cheeky-faced youngster was doing, he politely asked, "What are you up to there, Nancy?"

"My goldfish died," replied Nancy tearfully, without looking up, "and I've just buried him."

The neighbor was concerned, "That's an awfully big hole for a goldfish isn't it?"

Nancy patted down the last heap of earth then replied, "That's because he's inside your stupid cat!"

May God bless all who pass this way!

6 comments:

  1. funny joke LOl I am so glad you have some good news to share still praying for you on the job hunt it is so hard hope you have a good day God bless kelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute joke. Hope you soon find a good job, preferably close to home. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! Why to go Bug. I hope you took a picture of her without that tooth. I liked the joke.
    Terrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to Bug on her lost tooth!!
    Many good journals there... :)
    And very funny goldfish story!
    Have a great weekend!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute joke. Reminds me of when my goldfish died when I was young. I buried it in a match box with a funeral and all. Nice idea Bug's school has for children with a loose tooth. Paula

    ReplyDelete
  6. It must be lose a tooth week! LOL That is so cute what they do there.
    I love the cat and the goldfish story.

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Come 'round any time. ~ Barbara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...