I love it! Makes me think of honest labor, hard work, scrappy intuitive survival. Testing your mettle. Things made to last. The logo and artwork hearkens back to the era of Rosie the Riveter and the greatest generation. And the bullet holes! If that doesn't say Caneyhead, what does? LOL
It comes with a set of rules.
#1 Thank the person who gave it to you. Thank you dear Lynne. It means a lot, especially coming from you!
#2 Copy the logo to your blog. Which I have done.
#3 Link to the person who gave it. I have at the top of the page.
#4 Name ten things about yourself that people might find interesting.
- When I write, I just sit down and start typing. No outline, nothing they taught you in English IV.
- When I graduated from High School I could sit down and read in French. Couldn't say much more than Bonjour, but I could read it.
- I've shot at three things in my life to kill; a snake, an armadillo and a deer. Each one I hit and killed first shot.
- I have changed oil and spark plugs in my own car before.
- I like long, slender fingers on a man, like my Pete. They remind me of my Daddy's.
- I gotta have coffee before you talk to me, or I do anything in the morning.
- Cuddle me all you want before time to fall asleep, and you may once I'm asleep...but leave me alone when I'm going to sleep.
- My brain is overflowing with trivial information on many and various subjects.
- I've been late to work for things like being stuck in a mud hole and a loose hog.
- I have danced at Gilley's, circa 1983.
#5 & 6 Nominate and post links to 10 other blogs for the Honest Scrap Award. My nominees are folks I find to be honest and down to earth in their posts. People with mettle. (If you have previously received this award, please simply acknowledge this nomination. You don't have to do it all over again, unless you just want to.)
1. Sandra at A Pennies Worth.
2. Guido, from various blogs, including Atlantic Lines.
3. Donna at Just Me.
4. Sam at Say It Baldy.
5. Helen at My Everyday Life.
6. Lisa at The World Inside My Mind.
7. Rebecca at Provocation of Mine(d).
8. Paula at Paulines Country Tales.
9. Mik at Diary of Rock-n-Roll Men.
10. Celeste at My Day and Thoughts.
#7 Post a comment in their blogs letting them know they have been nominated. (I cheated. To save time on dial-up I emailed my nominees.)
God bless you all my friends, followers and visitors. I'm leaving MySpace and Facebook and plan to be much more a part of this community.