Thursday, June 2, 2005

Just Getting By

Hello to everyone! I am just a tired woman today......not sure why. So I'm going to copy a little entertainment here, and then we'll have our usual items. Perhaps I can be original and creative tomorrow! Here's something to reflect on from my e-mail.

TEN THINGS GOD WON'T ASK ON THAT DAY.

1... God won't ask what kind of car you drove. He'll ask how many people you drove who didn't have transportation.

2... God won't ask the square footage of your house, He'll ask how many people you welcomed into your home.

3... God won't ask about the clothes you had in your closet, He'll ask how many you helped to clothe .

4... God won't ask what your highest salary was. He'll ask if you compromised your character to obtain it.

5... God won't ask what your job title was. He'll ask if you performed your job to the best of our ability.

6... God won't ask how many friends you had. He'll ask how many people to whom you were a friend.

7... God won't ask in what neighborhood you lived, He'll ask how you treated your neighbors.

8... God won't ask about the color of your skin, He'll ask about the content of your character.

9... God won't ask why it took you so long to seek Salvation. He'll lovingly take you to your mansion in heaven, and not to the gates of Hell.


10... God won't have to ask how many people you forwarded this to, He already knows your decision.

Today I want to share Our Lives with you. Louise lives in South Florida with her hubby. She shares many of the happenings in their lives and her four children and four step-children. You never really know what you'll find when you go there. She is thoughtful and reflective, warm and funny. Sometimes it is straight up personal, and at others she shares causes, concerns, lyrics and poems. It doesn't take long to feel you know her. :)

"Then he turned my sorrow into joy! He took away my clothes of mourning and gave me gay and festive garments to rejoice in so that I might sing praises to the Lord instead of lying in silence in the grave." Psalms 30: 11-12. TLB Is our speech complaining and whiney? Do people dread to ask how are you? Are all our prayers why me? Instead of complaining about thorns on roses, be thankful for roses among the thorns! "When you are discouraged thinking all is lost...count your blessings, name them one by one. Count your many blessings, see what God has done!" - from the song Count Your Blessings. Open your eyes and look for God's blessings. Ever notice how whatever type of vehicle you drive, that's the type you notice most often on the road? What you look for is generally what you see! God bless each and everyone that comes this way! - Barbara

3 comments:

  1. I love Louise's journal, she is such an inspiration.

    Terra

    ReplyDelete
  2. I probably complain a lot with this bad back and all the pain I have with it but I do count my blessings and thank God everyday for sending them to be. Where would we be without God in our everyday lives?  I see people in wheel chairs and I think there are some who is in worse shape than me. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely posting, thank you.

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Come 'round any time. ~ Barbara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...