Thursday, April 28, 2005

Feeling Like the Rabbit with the Watch!

"I'm, late!  I'm late! For a very important date!" keeps running through my mind.  You know, the rabbit that is constantly checking his watch in Alice in Wonderland !  I overslept this morning.  Should have been up at 4:00am Central.  Crawled out of bed at 7:00 instead!  And then only because the phone was ringing.  A secretary from Pete's job.  Oh, no!  Pete is still asleep, of course, since he relies fully on me to get him up.  He's already an hour late for work.  The kids have just missed the bus!  And they are still asleep, too!

Everybody....GET UP!  Daddy is dressing.  I help Bug hurry into her things!  Bubba runs through the shower.....they all leave together about 7:45.  He thankfully, will drop them on his way to work since he passed by both schools!  See what a mess I made, just by oversleeping!  And now, I missed most of my time on here with my friends also.  Have to go run errands today, no doubt about it!  I am out of bloodpressure meds.  Pete has only one Prilosec and even the dog.....Zena the miracle dog.....(that's another story, another day) ....needs more pills!  You think maybe my family is too dependent on me?

I remember waking up about 3:40 to all the dogs on the hill barking.  And between that and my brother-in-law, Howard mentioning seeing a coyote by their house, I dreamed that a man had just wrestled down and caught three of them outside here and that I got up an opened the back door and saw him.  Why three?  (Pete, Bubba & Bug!)  Anyway, I thought of just getting on up while I was awake then.  But I wanted those other 20 minutes so much!  I should have known I'd be in such a deep sleep I'd never hear the alarm.

I want to share a little funny story out of yesterday's AcraMax Joke E-mail.  I think this perfectly illistrates God's permissive will and how he allows us sometimes to hang ourselves in it!  Enjoy and may it teach you as it gives you a laugh!               -          Barbara

Golfing on Sunday The Reverend Francis Norton woke up Sunday morning and, realizing it was an exceptionally beautiful and sunny early spring day, decided he just had to play golf. So... he told the Associate Pastor that he was feeling sick and convinced him to say Mass for him that day.

As soon as the Associate Pastor left the room, Father Norton headed out of town to a golf course about forty miles away. This way he knew he wouldn't accidentally meet anyone he knew from his parish. Setting up on the first tee, he was alone. After all, it was Sunday morning and everyone else was in church!

At about this time, Saint Peter leaned over to the Lord while looking down from the heavens and exclaimed, "You're not going to let him get away with this, are you?"

The Lord sighed, and said, "No, I guess not."

Just then Father Norton hit the ball and it shot straight towards the pin, dropping just short of it, rolled up and fell into the hole. It WAS A 420 YARD HOLE IN ONE!

St. Peter was astonished. He looked at the Lord and asked, "Why did you let him do that?"

The Lord smiled and replied, "Who's he going to tell?"

 

 

2 comments:

  1. ohh i hate it when that happens!  But at least I have my husband to where he is resposible for waking himself up so he can't blame me if he is late.  (that took forever lol and several times being late for work)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel my family is to dependent on me. I told my husband just last night that all the kids keep asking for money I dont have that I was going to write out all these checks and let them take me to jail. Then I'm going to beg them to keep me and someone could take care of me for awhile. I dont know how they would manage. Its nice to be needed.

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Come 'round any time. ~ Barbara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...