Wednesday, May 13, 2015

How I Like My Music

During the A to Z Challenge and my Musical Memories, I offered a sampling of a song or playlist each day in the entry. Now, I'm just  a fifty something redneck, but I truly thought that the Spotify app would be well known to most everyone who ventured through.  

Some of my comments made it clear that was not the case. In retrospect, I should have talked about Spotify in my theme reveal or in a separate post before the Challenge began.  So, I am making reparations now.


Spotify is the best music app or program I have ever used. And I've tried a lot of them!  The only one that is well known that I have not used is Pandora.  To me, Spotify, even the free version, is better than all the rest for one simple reason: I can make the playlists I want.  No unwanted songs, no artists I don't like popping up.  And this is great for me!!  There are very few artists who's whole albums I like and on Spotify I can cherry-pick exactly what I like and what I want!  And I can combine them in any playlist I want to create.  

There is a free version and a paid version.  The paid version you can listen to offline, and has no ads.  The free version has ads and you have to have an internet connection.  There is an app you can download, and there is a web-based version that requires no download.  There are apps for your smart phones as well.  So once you create your playlists you can listen to them almost anytime and anywhere. 

Best of all, the artists or whoever owns the rights to their songs get paid!  This is not a piracy app.  More songs and artists are added every day.  For example, I have a Jim Reeves album we bought back in the 60's.  At first, I couldn't find these wonderful songs anywhere.  But in just the last few months, they added the entire album!  

Check it out for yourself and see if you aren't as pleased as I have been since I started using it several years ago:  Music for Everyone.  And when you get your account created, check out my playlists or friend me.  I'm user 1220192312.

There was no compensation received for this post.  It is simply a post about an app I truly enjoy.  If I ever do make a compensated post, you will be notified of that fact in a similar manner. 


22 comments:

  1. I'm familiar with Spotify even though I've never tried it. I only hear good things about it. I'm still on Pandora. If I listened to music more, I'm sure I'd make the switch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I listen to it all day at work. Sometimes here at the house when I'm cooking or cleaning.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for telling me about this Barbara. I wondered about Spotify. I will have to check it out for sure. And when I do I will look you up! Which do you use. The free version or the paid version

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paula, I use the free version. I don't mind a few adds and I'm not worried about being able to listen off line.

      Delete
  3. I use the free version but I am not in there a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started using Spotify when it first came out and have a free account with all the perks of the paid account. Glad I found it early.
    Pandora is cool for discovering new music. I do get ads with that one though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sort of like me and Pete keeping our telephone party line until the phone company did away with them and then we were still locked into cheap party time rates for a straight line. ;)

      Delete
  5. guys at work use Pandora - it's always the Guns 'N Roses theme. Arggh. That's why I arrange my schedule to be off at least one day a week. I personally like Songza - they are pre-done playlists but very creative and I enjoy their themes. I knew about Spotify but hadn't checked 'em out yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spotify also has many pre-made playlists you can check out too. Songza is one I've never even heard of. I have a couple of Guns & Roses songs I like. And that is enough.

      Delete
  6. As much as I love music, this sounds terrific! I've tried Pandora and wasn't that impressed. I can always tell when I've had some good tunes while working or writing because my shoes mysteriously come untied!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you saying you get a little "foot loose" when you listen to music?

      Delete
    2. Ha! It's "Happy Feet" around here! :-)

      Delete
  7. I had heard of Spotify, but didn't understand what the difference was between this and Pandora. Thanks for the explanation - I think I'll try it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard of Spotify, but have never used it. I'm glad to hear you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm curiously old-fashioned when it comes to music, I prefer my CDs but I only listen to them in the car because we don't have a working player in the house. I did used to listen to internet radio stations while gaming but I don't do any of that any more. I'll have to try Spotify someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I primarily listen to my music at work. It always me to block out a lot of the background noise and things not directly associated with me so I can concentrate more on what I am doing. Sometime I listen in the car, sometimes I don't.

      Delete
  10. Hi Barbara; I stumbled upon this post by chance. Glad I found it! Oh yes, Spotify is a great app. We here in Canada waited a LONG time to get access - only happened in the last year, due to silly Government regulations. Found you there. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for your sharing. I realize a lot of useful things from this article :what is spotify

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am questioning that during this time you must deliver a try and this new app Sun Surveyor Mod Apk : which is now maximum trending app inside the global.

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Come 'round any time. ~ Barbara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...