Sunday, November 6, 2005

Thoughts on Faith for Stacy

Faith.....the essence of things unseen, of things hoped for.  Faith, necessary to a relationship with God.   It is gifted to us by God.  Free and for the asking......enough to accept Christ.  Then others are blessed with more, as a part of their Spiritual gifts when they receive Christ.   I seem to have inherited an ample share, on the whole.  God didn't bless me with this gift because he likes me more.  He blessed me so that I may share it.  Spread it around.  Work it.

Faith is a journey.  The path goes up and down through valleys and over mountains.  Sometimes the sun is in your eyes.  Sometimes a fog rolls in.  Sometimes trees and brush hang over the path and hinder your way.  But you have to keep taking steps.  Small ones.  Or big strides.  Depends on the strength of those faith muscles that day.  Depends on how far the Guide has marked for that days journey, also.  The Guide is dependable.  You have to trust that.  And that in itself is a big part of faith.  He'll urge you on and sometimes He'll tarrly His stride to wait on you.....quietly.  When those muscles cramp up and your knees buckle below you, he'll catch you and carry you if you just whisper His name.  And then sometimes if your throat is too parched from  the journey to speak His name, He'll call it for you.....from His Sweet Spirit within you.

Faith is much like a muscle.  It has to be excercised.  How do you excercise it?  By using it.  When do you use it?  To a point everyday.  But then there are other times it really gets a work out!  And there are blessed times of "cool down".  When you revel in the afterglow of faith extended and met with Faithfulness.

There are times when you can't feel your own faith.  Sometimes because it is out in front, driving and supporting you.  Sometimes because it is weak and fragile.  Sometimes it's like breathing, and at other times it takes every concious fiber of your being.  Sometimes you are bare-knuckles hanging on to the last shread for dear life.  Sometimes you are rolling in the green pastures of abundance.

As for advice.  Stay near the source.  Even when you don't feel like it.  Even if you feel let down or ignored.  Stay in the Word.  It's full of faith commended, faith tested, faith failing, faith restoring examples.  Continue to pray, even if your prayers sound more like rants.  I say it often, but He's big enough to take it!  And He loves you enough to put up with it!  You can't make Him unlove you.  He is unchanging. 
Draw on every memory of faith you have.  That's what they are there for.  Little exercises of the past, to strengthen us in the here and now.  Recall every answer, every gesture.  Praise Him and thank Him for these.  Even if you don't feel like it now.  (If you love me you will obey me He says.  We are told repeatedly to give thanks in all things.)  Do it because you are supposed to.

New to faith, not enough life experience and water under the bridge?  Surround yourself with folks that have a testimony of faith.  Call on them often.  Hear their stories.  Over and over.  Use their blocks to begin building your tower. 

And don't ever think yourself unworthy or second class when your faith waivers!  We all do it in some form, to some extent!  You need look no further than the twelve to see twelve examples of this.  Fact is on our own, none of us are worthy.  We are worthy only because He decided we were worthy on a hill two thousand years ago. 

And buy some mustard seed!  Get a good look at it.  For He tells us from His own mouth if we have faith even of the grain of mustard seed, we can speak to mountains and move them.  Mountains of doubt, fear, dread, indifference.  Any mountain on the horizon of your life.

Whatever else, know you are not alone Stacy!

24 comments:

  1. Great entry Barbara.  I don't know where I would be without my faith in HIM. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big hugs for this one; one of your best.
    Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well said, and so true. Thanks for sharing them.
    Candace

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh barb that was so beautifully put, amen!! so soothing and true.

    hugs
    angelrose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing this today.  It's wonderful.  As well, thank you for you kind comments of congratulations on the ViVi.  Blessings, Penny  http://journals.aol.com/firestormkids04/FromHeretoThere

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very thought provoking!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful entry.  I am so glad you included the part about faith wavering.  I know (by now, after learning the hard way) that those times of trembling faith are the times when my faith is actually growing through questioning and testing.  New steps often come on shaky legs.  Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This gives me so much to think about. makes me remember that i'm never alone. That God is always with me. I love footprints in the sand, "it was then that i carried you", i think i'm at that point in my life where i'm needing to be carried.
    It's kind of humbling, realising that there is someone who loves you so much.

    take care, hugs and love,
    shermeen xx
    http://journals.aol.co.uk/shermeen0621/PublicThoughts/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amen and a good reminder.  Makes me think of that song "Borrow Mine"  (it's been playing alot on the Christian radio station)  My son asked the other day how can you borrow some one else's faith or lend your own after we heard the song driving home.  That did give me pause and I had to think about it a few min before I could answer him.  Boy that son of mine makes me think often!! LOL  Finnaly I said to lend your faith is like encouraging some one who is feeling down and can not see what you see ahead for them, reminding them of hope and standing on God's promise for them when they can't or dont know how to for themself.  Borrowing some one's faith is like when you don't understand or find it hard to believe but that friend explains it for you in a way where you can believe that freind's testimony and thier own confidance in God builds you up, you can see other's examples of how thier faith got them threw and you can hang on to that to encourage you on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for posting this.

    http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for posting this entry, Stacy is a wonderful woman.  I love her so much and I hate it that she has been so upset lately.  

    Great words about faith!

    Terra

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was great!  Faith has susstained me through the hard times. Just knowing that God loves me and with his help I can make it through the darkness!

    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi barbara, thanks for stopping by my journal and leaving the nice comment...wanted to come by and say hello
    ttyl
    <3, emily

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for stopping by my journal and leaving your link. I'm enjoying what I have read here so far. I'm adding you to my alerts. Thanks again : )
    ~ Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  15. hello mom,
       this was a blessing to wake up to and read, wow! where do you get all this knowledge???I want to be like that!  If one leads by example, you or christ in you is the example I would love to follow...THANK GOD FOR FAITH PEOPLE LIKE YOU..IF IT WASN'T FOR YOU AND PEOPLE LIKE YOU..US BABIES IN CHRIST WOULD HAVE NO ONE TO LOOK UP TO.  THANKS SO MUCH..THANK YOU JESUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. HI BARBARA,
       THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENT ABOUT THE BURRO AND REMBERING THE ONE THAT SORT OF COMMUNICATED WITH YOUR DAD. THEY ARE SO INTELLIGENT.
             I'M SURE YOU KNOW OF THE SCRIPTURE OF THE 'DONKEY' THAT TALKED .
    bARBARA, WITH YOUR HELPFUL WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT AND WISDOM, YOU ARE HELPING TO BRING PEOPLE TO FOLLOW JESUS.
         CERTAINLY YOU ARE MY SISTER IN JESUS AS ARE ALL BROTHERS AND SISTERS WHOM HAVE ACCEPTED JESUS AS PERSONAL SAVIOR.    SAM

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amen! These brought tears to my eyes. A much needed sermon if if I'm not the one it was wrote for.
    Terrie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my!  I agree with Terrie!  I think I needed that!

    Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  19. I found your journal through Terri (GrahamFarmGA )  .     Your words give meaning to my statement to Terri about having a difficult time with the understanding of faith.   Will visit again, though I am on the computer very little presently, and read more.     mark

    ReplyDelete
  20. hello friend thank you for this we all need to be reminded of it now and again God bless kelley

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is wonderful. I needed it too!
    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  22. hey i found your link and just wanted to give you mine if you get bored stop by and check it out and tell  me what you think http://journals.aol.com/danniboo05/Danniboo05

    ReplyDelete
  23. Linked here through CarnivAOL.
    Beautiful message, and universal. Thank you.
    http://journals.aol.co.uk/pharmolo/NorthernTrip

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very nice... thank you Barb...

    be well,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Come 'round any time. ~ Barbara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...