Thursday, April 28, 2016

Tender Years: X


"A grownup is a child with layers on."  -  Woody Harrelson


Peeling back the layers.

Sarah had a baby blue Mustang, Eddie had bought for her.  She came by the house to pick me up. She was taking me and little Holly somewhere.  Kelly and Paige may have been with us.  I don't clearly remember.  Usually when Sarah picked us up, we were going somewhere to swim or to swing or to get a great burger.  

As we were driving, the edge of something slid out from under the drivers seat.  I picked it up.  It was a magazine.  I started thumbing through it.  It had a lot of ladies in their nightgowns.  Before long, Sarah noticed me in the rear view mirror.  She told me to give it to her.  Laughed and said something about Eddie's stuff.  

I believe that was my first look inside an X-rated magazine.

Ever stumble across something the grownups had hidden?  Did you look, read it, taste it, try it?  Did you say anything about it? 

Please share your thoughts!

Barbara

This was my lunch kit in the 3rd & 4th grade.



15 comments:

  1. I don't remember ever coming across something that a grownup had been trying to hide - I do remember a story from a friend who was a head teacher at an infant school though, how one of the children had brought in this fascinating vibrating thing they had found and was showing it to all their friends :).
    Tasha
    Tasha's Thinkings | Wittegen Press | FB3X (AC)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when I was a youth and my friend inviting me downstairs to look at something 'cool'. It was his dads dirty magazines. He was so happy he found them and I remember being very disturbed by them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose he fell into the "I'm a guy so I'm suppose to like this" crowd.

      Delete
  3. The adults didn't really hide things. Or if they did, they were very good at it.

    I hit your blog on the A to Z linky list today. (I'm going through in order starting with the one just after mine and only hitting 5 a day. I didn't get very far.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been trying to do 6 a day on the list, and also started right under my own blog. I've missed a few days. But even if you do it every day, it is still a drop in the bucket with a list so huge!

      Delete
  4. My mom had some hidden "adult comic books" with pictures of Dagwood and Blondie 'doing the deed'. I was scarred for years. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm, well, so many choices here. Does getting pushed down into the back seat so that you can't see what the grownups are seeing count? If so, there was the red sweater movie at the drive-in. It was a pretty red sweater, but that lady didn't have it on for long. I wondered why she was taking it off and that's when they realized I was watching that show with them. I don't remember anything after getting pushed down into the back seat. I don't remember anything after that, but I sure remember that sweater!

    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like your folks got surprised by what was on the screen! Maybe before they started rating the movies?

      Delete
    2. I think they were probably less surprised than I was. At that point, I hadn't even seen my own mama undressed. haha

      Delete
  6. I truly don't remember stumbling across anything "shocking". To this day, now that I go to PA and help my dad when I can, I haven't found any deep hidden secrets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never found anything shocking in our home either. Thank heavens!

      Delete
  7. I do remember discovering a copy of "The Joy of Sex" in my parents' bedroom, at some point... and now I have a copy of my own, so it's not nearly as shocking. But, man, that 70s bush! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sort of quirky and sort of cool that you have the same manual your parents had. As to the other, natural never pokes you or irritates your skin. :P

      Delete

So glad you stopped by! Come 'round any time. ~ Barbara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...