1. Clean the cookies on your browser. Now try loading your blog. Did it jump right up there or creep up? Too much graphic intense material can slow down you blog's load time considerably. (i.e. oodles of pictures, videos, music). If your blog didn't load quickly, you might consider lightening the load before April. With so many blogs to visit, no one wants to waste time or bandwidth on a lot of extra stuff.
2. Make leaving comments as easy as possible. Take off the verification and trust your hosts spam filters. Blogger's is excellent, I might add. Don't know about the others.
3. When you visit a blog and comment, many people will be wanting to return the visit. But if you have five blogs, and only one is in the A to Z Challenge, or you are hoping to highlight a specific blog, then they are going to be very confused when they go to your profile page and try to decide where to repay the visit. Instead, let them know in your comment, where they can repay the visit if they so desire. It's really easy.
Here's what I past into my comment when I visit:
All you have to do is open an email or office or sticky note. Type in what I have here and substitute your own blog URL and name where mine are. Then save it where it is handy (I save mine on a sticky note), and before you go visiting, open it, copy it and then paste it in each comment you leave. That way, everyone will know what blog you are posting to or promoting. Saves them a big chunk of time and no guessing games. And let's you drive visitors where you want them.
4. Write as many posts as you can before the challenge starts and use the scheduling tool in the right hand column of you Blogger blog to allow you to post it on the correct day. If you use a platform that doesn't offer that option you could write your posts in office or some other app and then all you'd have to do is copy paste and post on the correct day. That way if life gets busy you'll still make your post and you'll have more time for visiting, replying to comments, and such.
5. If you are using Blogger, you can add any blog URL to your reading list, even if they use another platform or don't have a "follow me" gadget. Just click on their home page or blog title. Copy the URL in the browser. On your dashboard, under where it says Reading List on the left, click add. Then paste in the URL. Click save and give it a little time and you'll see their posts appear.
I hope at least one of these suggestions will be a help to you. If you're not into the challenge yet, click the logo in my sidebar and go sign up! You'll not regret it.
Ensign B of Tremp's Troops