Sunday, November 10, 2013

Remember

Beautiful day here in Caneyhead!  Sunshine.  Mild temps.  Chicken and sausage gumbo on the stove.  Lemon Chess pie in the oven.   Large attendance in church this morning.  Baptism after services.  Kisses from my Baby Ruth.

All of this...the freedom, the peace, the prosperity, and the simple daily pleasures I enjoy stem from and are preserved by God and by those who gave or give of themselves in service to this country in the military.

That is why I wear red on Fridays.  Red on Fridays symbolizes my support of US Troops wherever they are deployed.  The prayers I offer up for their protection.  The hope I have that one day they can all come home.  I encourage you to join me and others in wearing red on Friday.  I know many wear school colors on Friday, for their favorite team.  While I understand the desire to boaster your team, we couldn't enjoy a Friday night football game without the protection our men and women in the military afford us.

Tomorrow is Veteran's Day.  This holiday started out as Armistice Day, years ago in the aftermath of the Great War...WWI.  I ask you all to join me in remembering and reflecting with this post from 2007, That None Should Forget.  






3 comments:

  1. Well put Barbara... well put...

    Mik

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the post-it quilt and so true! I'm not a sports fanatic, but love the idea of wearing red for Fridays. I will try and remember to wear red this Friday in honor of our troops! Thank you for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chicken and sausage gumbo sounds wonderful, and lemon chess pie too, even though I am not sure what that might be exactly! I know the gumbo is a wonderful stew with everything but the kitchen sink! The weather here is cold now, and we'd love mild temperatures but sometimes the passing of the seasons makes us think of the passing of our lives and the cold weather makes us introspective and maybe we think about God more and what life means.

    Millions of men laid down their lives to defend Western freedoms and we should be grateful to them all living and dead and we should live in the freedom they fought and sometimes died for and be grateful to God for all the economic blessings we enjoy in the West, even when we might not be rich or even affluent. And we should pray for spiritual riches too.

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Come 'round any time. ~ Barbara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...