Sunday, May 3, 2009

For My Friends

Just wanted to share with my friends. A general update on me and mine.


Bug is doing outstandingly well in school. She's had her art displayed at the local museum. Been accepted to the Duke University TIP program for her writing. All A's Honor Roll and perfect attendance. Looking forward to getting to start training Prissy, her horse, this summer.


Bubba has just started a new job where he's actually hired out as a welder. He's loving the money.


Pete's awaiting the sssssllllloooowwww arrival of our new colt. Has a beautiful garden going. Been cooking up some great meals. He's gotten into trying things with pasta. Watch out Olive Garden!


And me. Well, I'm really me again. I've taken Bug to the carnival and rode all the rides with her. I always loved the rides. I love the wind. Love the wind in storms as well. It always makes me feel invigorated, alive. Even the winds in Rita, though I dare not step out in them, thrilled me more than scared me.


Bubba, Bug and I rode down to Galveston one day not long ago. My first time there since Ike dealt all it's destruction. Unbelievable view once we turned on Hwy 87. All the tall grass is gone. Clean up beach side is almost total. You could see the Gulf all the way down to the ferry. Really more beautiful than before. Yet, still when you thought of all that was simply washed away....it was painful.


It was Bug's first trip to the ocean. She loved it! We rode the ferry over. I was amazed at the emerald green of the water. I am used to the Gulf being a muddy, mucky looking brown. Perhaps all the dredging to clean out the water way for the ships is responsible. I don't know if Bug's little camera pic does it justice.
We rented a four seater bike/buggy and rode up and down the seawall once on the Island. Then the kids souvenir shopped. I hung out front and talked to old beach bums. ;o) Bug and I wadded in the surf and sea shell hunted. Bubba sat back and took in the view. The only person on the beach with Wrangler jeans, Wrangler denim shirt and Redwing boots.
On the way home we detoured through Pt. Arthur and refinery row. Finished up at Tony' s in Beaumont for Bar BQ. A great day!
I'm taking time to stop and visit with whomever comes through our little spot on the hill. I'm not taking any crap off of anyone. I do what I feel, when I want to. Hang out with the girls, sip a drink, talk and giggle. Taking better care of myself.
I really don't know how to explain it. All I can really say is I'm me again....and I haven't been for quite some time. Those who have known me for a long time say, "Watch out, Barbie's back." Those who haven't known me that long look at me like "What's up with her?" And I love it.
Hugs to all my friends. I'll try not to be such a stranger....but there's a lot of living to do!





13 comments:

  1. Glad that your family is doing great. Sounds like you all had a good time at the beach. Glad that you are back to you! Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great update for me to visit your blog with! I'm delighted that you are doing well and so is everyone else. You just go right ahead living life up and we'll always be around to read about it~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad things are going well for you! Enjoy it! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Barbara! So glad to catch up on Bug and Bubba, Pete and the family! I am so glad you are back to feeling you again! If we ever chance to go to a carnival though, I will gladly hold the purses and stuff and let you feel the wind, lol. I don't care for carnival rides....unless there is water associated with them (weird, I know). Keep taking care of you! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on feeling a bit more like you :). I love days or moments that give me the same pleasure - it's a reassuring pat on the shoulder for a life well led.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you guys are all doing very well. Congratulations to Bug and to Bubba on his job. Thanks for updating us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you are back! It sounds like you are enjoying life to the fullest and that is really good! I loved hearing about Pete's garden and how the kids are doing. We have a little garden here too and I am itching to get back to it. I remember living through hurricane Charley, Jeanne and Frances all in one year in Florida and I thought it was the craziest time of our lives ever almost. The destruction was monumental. It took years to get back to normal for many people depending on the amount of damage. Hope you were safe and no major damages. Hugs,
    Lisa in KY

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you're all doing OK Barbara~ Tell Bug I'm proud of her getting her artwork on display like that! I didn't have that happen until grade 12! ;-) Beach sounds wonderful- I remember my trip to Galveston and through Pasedina on the way back.. Never seen so many refineries! I also know about the wind in your face. Wilma and Charlie were awesome scary, but awesome! God Bless you Barbara~ love me

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! You have been nominated for an Awesome Blog 2009 Award! Stop bu and see what category someone thought you should win!

    http://awesomestblogs2009.blogspot.com/

    God bless-
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now this is the Barbara I have come to know and love hearing from!!!!! so happy you are doing ok...and that Bug...wow...you busted a couple buttongs there??? LOL...and glad Bubba is like the money work!!! nuttin like it!!! and yes...it is raining...or has been...but the sun is trying oh so very hard to bust thru the clouds....hope she makes it (the sun that is LOL)!!!!! happy day to ya....Ora in KY

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful post! I'm so glad you are all doing well and had a chance to visit the ocean. I am itching to go to the ocean since LAST summer! Hope we can squeeze a trip in this summer. Hugs,
    Lisa in Kentucky

    ReplyDelete
  12. HI BARBARA, THANKS FOR READING MY ENTRIES ON ' SAYIT-BALDYS '.
    HAD BEEN OFF A WHILE AFTER HAVING A STROKE.
    BACK HOME NOW AND THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME.
    AFTER A LONG HEALTHY LIFE, SO MUCH DIFFERENT NOW.
    REALLY APPRECIATE TRUE FRIENDS. sam

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Come 'round any time. ~ Barbara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...